Tuesday 26 January 2010

Production of garment !!

Today has been the longest day!! I'm only in once this week, my day was today to make my garment. We started by actually cutting out the pattern pieces in the fabric then had to start making my design. I started by sewing the darts in front and back bodice. I needed to remember to sew, press, sew, press so that garment will be finished to a professional level. i then sewed the yoke to bottom of the bodice. next step was to sew in the concealed zip that went down the back. I sewed shoulder and side seam. Then the facings with i wasn't too sure what to do so took some time. Then i sewed the bottom of the skirt and the side seam- first time round i sewed in the wrong way round, had to unpick. Next step was the sleeves. To finsh was the hem and the top stitch. All in all i was very pleased of what i had done i didn't think i would finish it in a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment